A SMART conference under the topic „Smarter Law for Smart Surveillance“ will take place on the 4th and 5th March 2014 in Brussels. The conference will examine and discuss the risks and opportunities that are posed by smart surveillance. The event brings together experts from different ﬁelds and perspectives including policy-makers, law enforcement, academia and citizen groups. The conference will feature a diversity of invited speakers, the research outcomes of the SMART project, including the policy toolkit and model law, and peer-reviewed studies.
Further information can be found at http://conference.smartsurveillance.eu/.
Christian Hawellek was attending an evening debate on tackling cybercrime in the Representation of the State North Rhine-Westphalia to the European Union in Brussels which featured the following speakers
- Cecilia Malmström, European commissioner for home affairs;
- Boris Pistorius, interior minister of Lower Saxony, chairman of the German conference of interior ministers;
- Enrique Blanco Nadales, chief technology officer, Telefónica;
- Lambert van Nistelrooij MEP, member of the committee on industry, research and energy, shadow rapporteur on critical information infrastructure protection;
- Professor Jos Dumortier, head of the Belgian cyber-crime center of excellence for training, research and education (B-CCENTRE). Weiterlesen
The Edith Cowan University in Joondalup, Australia will host yet another conference on Smart Surveillance, taking a global perspective, in February 2014.
Please find below a Call For Papers preceding this conference.
Have a look at the PDF